Updated, Sat., Feb. 9, 3:13 p.m.:
According to the NWS, today there is a slight chance of snow showers before noon. It's mostly sunny, with a high near 32. Breezy, with a northwest wind 22 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20 percent.
Saturday night you can expect it to be mostly clear, with a low around 17. Northwest wind 9 to 17 mph.
- As of 3 p.m. Saturday, subway service was close to normal. See mta.info for the latest info.
- Bus service is operating but there are several weather related diversions and detours. Other curtailments or suspensions in service remain a strong possibility to ensure customer safety and to protect equipment. See mta.info and click on the bus tab in the box in the lefthand corner.
Bridges and Tunnels:
- All bridges and tunnels are open, but they are icy and the MTA asks you to drive very slowly. De-icing was in progress as of 11 a.m. Saturday. be careful on icy roads.
- The Long Island Rail Road is providing limited two-hourly service to and from Farmingdale on the Ronkonkoma Branch, to and from Huntington, Babylon and Port Washington. Service remains suspended service on the Port Jefferson and Ronkonkoma Branches east of Hicksville, on the Port Washington Branch and on the Montauk Branch east of Speonk due to the storm.
- Metro-North has resumed New Haven Line service to/from Stamford. Service between Stamford and New Haven remains suspended until further notice. Parts of the line are buried under three feet of snow. All branch line services remain suspended until further notice. See below for specific scheduled service, visit MTA.info for the most up to date info.
- The Staten Island Ferry back to a normal schedule.
- For the latest alerts related to LaGuardia, John F. Kennedy International, and Newark Liberty airports, visit the Port Authority's airport alerts page.
- Alternate Side Parking (ASP) regulations and parking meter regulations will be suspended citywide on Saturday, February 9, in order to facilitate storm response.
- Alternate Side Parking regulations and parking meter and muni-meter rules are suspended Sunday, February 10. All other parking regulations are in effect.
- To report a loss of electric service, contact Con Edison at 1-800-75-CONED(26633) or online at http://www.coned.com.
- Garbage and recycling collections are suspended on Saturday, Feb. 9.
- Saturday classes and activities at public schools are cancelled.
- Visit the Department of Education website for the latest information.
Classes at the following CUNY schools are cancelled on Saturday, February 9: Brooklyn College, CUNY Graduate Center, College of Staten Island, Hostos Community College, Hunter College, John Jay College of Criminal Justice, New York City College of Technology, Queensborough Community College. Visitwww.cuny.edu for the latest.