NOTE: This story was written in September 2012. -Amy
A 23-year-old man was beaten at the corner of Underhill Avenue and Bergen Street.
At about 10:30 p.m. on August 25, 2012, a man accompanied by three women walked up to victim and repeatedly punched him on his face and body, leaving the man with bruises to his face and cuts on his arms and legs, according to a police report.
This is at least the ninth seemingly random attack or mugging since June in Prospect Heights:
- On August 23, a man was attacked in a late-night mugging on Eastern Parkway between Underhill and Washington in which three men kicked and punched the man after knocking him to the ground.
- On August 6, a 23-year-old woman was pulled to the ground and repeatedly punched in face on Grand Avenue near Pacific Street, before a resident called the cops;
- On August 4, a man was beaten by two attackers on Washington Avenue near Lincoln Place.
- On July 30, three muggers punched and kicked a 26-year-old man in the head during a mugging between Carlton and Flatbush.
- On July 14, a 23-year-old man was taken to Methodist Hospital after a man attacked him between Washington and Underhill.
- On June 29, a group of men used a golf club to attack a 23-year-old as he was riding his bike on Dean Street at Grand Avenue.
- On June 13, a gunman pistol whipped a couple during a mugging on Eastern Parkway between Vanderbilt and Underhill.
- On June 4, a 24-year-old man went to the hospital after someone attacked him at the intersection of Washington Avenue and Bergen Street.
Residents can discuss crime with the head of the head of the 77th Precinct at the . On Monday, Sept. 10, there is a meeting at 7:30 p.m. at Bethany United Methodist Church, 1208 St. John's Place.
Anyone with information on any of these attacks are asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477). The public can also submit their tips on the Crime Stoppers' website or by texting their tips to CRIMES (274637), then enter TIP577. All calls are strictly confidential.