A 30-year-old man was robbed at gunpoint on Classon Avenue in early December.
The victim was walking on the avenue near St. Johns Place just after 5 a.m. on Monday, Dec. 3, when two men came up to him, according to a police report.
One showed him a silver gun and pushed him to the ground. Then they stole his backpack and iPhone and took off.
There have been at least six gunpoint robberies in the area over the past year:
- On Nov. 21, a 21-year-old man was mugged at gunpoint on Washington Avenue near Lincoln Place at about 1 a.m.
- On Oct. 1, a man was robbed at gunpoint on Classon Avenue.
- On June 13, a gunman pistol whipped a man during a mugging of a couple Eastern Parkway between Vanderbilt and Underhill.
- On May 4, a 30-year-old man was held up by a gun-wielding thief on St. Johns Place between Underhill and Washington.
- On Feb. 28 a gun-wielding man stole iPhones from women as they walked near the corner of Underhill and St. Marks avenues. last week.
In addition, there have been three violent muggings at the Franklin Avenue Station in November alone and at least 11 violent attacks reported in Prospect Heights and the western edge of Crown Heights since June.
Let Patch save you time. Get local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone every day with our newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.
Residents can discuss crime with the head of the head of the 77th Precinct at the 77th Precinct Community Council Meeting, held the second Monday of the month at 7:30 p.m. at rotating locations. January's meeting is at Wesleyan Methodist Church, 1024 Bergen St. bet. Rogers and Nostrand.
Men or women wishing for a bicycle escort via the Brooklyn Bike Patrol can call 718-744-7592 between the hours of Sun.-Thurs., 8 p.m. to midnight, Fri.-Sat., 8 p.m. to 3:30 a.m.