Yet another gun-point robbery has taken place near Franklin Avenue.
A 22-year-old man was walking on St. Johns Place, when, at intersection of St. Francis Place a man came up to him and said: “Run your pockets.”
When victim began to fight back, the robber hit him with the gun twice, once on the right temple and once on the right side of his chin, according to a police report.
The thief then reached into the man's pocket and took out his wallet, containing $59 cash and assorted credit cards, a cell phone and an iPod.
The robbery took place on Wednesday, June 20 at 2:30 a.m.
This is at least the sixth gunpoint robbery in the area between Underhill and Bedford avenues this year:
- On June 13, , using a gun to hit the man in the head and making off with their wallets and a cell phone, according to a police report.
- On May 4, a 30-year-old man on St. John's Place near Washington Avenue, with the gunman making off with his backpack containing more than $1,000 in clothing and electronics.
- On Feb. 28, a gun-wielding man stole iPhones from women as they walked near the corner of Underhill and St. Marks avenues.
- On Feb. 12, a 35-year-old man turned the tables on a would-be thief by attempt on St. Charles Place near Franklin Avenue
- And on Jan. 24 a 25-year-old woman was walking on St. Johns Place between Bedford and Franklin avenues when and stole her backpack and wallet.
- In addition, on Jan. 18, a man was bashed in the head with a metal cane on Bergen Street.
Anyone with information on the above crimes is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477). The public can also submit their tips on the Crime Stoppers' website or by texting their tips to CRIMES (274637), then enter TIP577. All calls are strictly confidential.