1. Go Geek. Whether you like to trade wool for bricks or plan where to place your meeples, head to Game Night @ LaunchPad to play your favorite board game with old and new friends. Snacks and drinks will grease the wheels. LaunchPad, 721 Franklin Avenue bet. Park and Sterling. 8 p.m. $5.
2. Get Jazzed. Feed your musical brain with the Matt Fuller Group @ Branded Saloon, which serves up everything from powerful rock to ballads, to world and country, all on jazz guitar. Branded Saloon, 603 Vanderbilt Ave. at Bergen. 8 p.m. No cover.
3. Get the kids out of the house (today). Head to It Takes a Village Crown Heights for Spellbound Storytime. 721 Franklin Ave. bet. Park and Sterling. 11 a.m. $5. Live closer to Underhill? Then there's a Singalong with Mike Messer @ Dean Street. Dean Street, 755 Dean St. at Underhill, 10:30 a.m. $5 per family.
4. Get the kids out of the house (over the weekend). This weekend, BAMfamily presents Alice in Wonderland in q theater production from Canada incorporating puppets, mask theater, music and wordplay. The play features a set in which each book on the shelf becomes a door to the next adventure. A Q&A will follow. Tickets are $12, with performances at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. on Saturday and 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Sunday. Click here to purchase tickets.
5. Do-si-do. For something different, there's the Brooklyn Contra Dance Party at 7:30 p.m. at Brooklyn Lyceum. All the dances are taught and walked through with instructions provided from the stage.
5.5 Alternate side parking is in effect. The next suspension won't be until Feb. 10 for Asian Lunar New Year, according to the DOT.