1. Get out of your musical rut. Head to LaunchPad for Experimental Synthesizer Music. 721 Franklin Ave., 8 p.m. $5.
2. Tickle your funny bone. Head to Greenlight Bookstore at 686 Fulton St. for this month's Steamboat humor reading featuring writers David Javerbaum, Emma Koenig, Avery Monsen, Jory John, Doogie Horner and Dan Wilbur. The show starts at 7:30 p.m. Free and wine will be served.
3. Get a little bit country. Head to The Way Station for the alt-country sounds of Liane Graham followed by The Fancy Shapes, an Afro-indie pop band. 683 Washington Ave. 8:30 p.m. No cover.
4. Fall down the rabbit hole. Help launch BAM’s very special season of family programs at the new BAM Fisher at 321 Ashland Pl. this Saturday at the BAMfamily Launch Party: Down the Rabbit Hole. The celebration features Story Pirates’ sketch comedy musicals, based on stories written by kids, and Urban Stages’ Blown Away by Poetry, an interactive performance and workshop with puppets and poetry, storytelling, plus face-painting and more. As part of this festive day of storytelling, children are invited to come dressed as their favorite storybook character.
5. Move the car. Unfortunately alternate side is in effect today, but then you're good, because alternate side is suspended Monday for Martin Luther King Jr. Day.