1. You need extra time to move your car. Alternate side is in effect today, and quite a few streets in the neighborhood have become ." So if you need to move your car today, leave extra time.
2. You need a good film discussion. Head to the . Tonight the showing is Give Up Tomorrow, about a teenager from a political family in the Philippines is accused of a double murder, and the corruption of the country's judicial system. A Q & A with the filmmaker follows. , 7 p.m. Free with suggested museum admission of $12.
3. You need a night out. Lots of local choices tonight: there's at Branded, (followed by ) and , for classic rock fans. No cover.
4. You need to get the kids out of the house. Today is the second to last day of the summer for . 12 to 6 p.m. Enter Prospect Park at the Willink entrance, located at Ocean and Flatbush Avenues and Empire Boulevard. See our weekly list of for more options.
5. You need to know if your train is running ... It is! There are no subway changes affecting Prospect Heights stations today, according to the MTA.