1. You need indie rock. Head to Prospect Park for . 7 p.m. (but get there early), Prospect Park Bandshell, 9th St. and Prospect Park West, Free.
2. You need music ... and to stay close to home. In that case, there's the Norwegian bluegrass punk of the followed by the the bluesy, jazzy, country/rock of at or psychedelic music with The Larch and The Sometime Boys at .
3. You need to dance! In that case, head to for their monthly , a community-run freestyle dance, modeled after some such favorites as Dance Freedom, Freestyle Frolic, and Barefoot Boogie. 367 St. Marks Ave., bet. Washington and Grand, 8:30 p.m. concluding with a Community Circle at 11. Free ... style ($5-10 at the door).
3.5 You need to cheer on Team USA ... and have a gin and tonic. See our list of and their drink specials.
4. You need to get the kids out of the house. Head to for a . 755 Dean St (at the corner of Underhill Ave), 10:30 a.m. $5/family.
5. You need to know if your train is running ... or if you have to move your car. There are no planned subway changes affecting Prospect Heights stations today or over the weekend. For drivers, alternate side parking rules won't be suspended again until Wednesday, August 15 for Feast of the Assumption, according to the NYCDOT.