1. You need to do your part ... and then have some fun. Help clean up at . Underhill Avenue and Prospect Place, 10 a.m. Afterwards, head up the street to the , which includes not only the obvious, but also bike riding instruction for children, food, lots of bargain items, and live music. Park Place between Underhill and Vanderbilt, noon to 5 p.m. Free.
2. You need music, free music. Head to for that includes the Jacob Teichroew Quintet, the Josh Deutsch/Nico Soffiato Duo and Rhododendrun. 721 Franklin Ave, bet. Park and Sterling, 7:30 p.m. Free.
3. You need to get the kids out of the house. Head to the for its 18th annual , where kids can watch the sheep get their annual haircuts, listen to live country music and learn felt-making, weaving, and spinning techniques. 450 Flatbush Ave., 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Free with zoo admission of $8 adults, $5 kids 3-12. See our for more options.
4. You need to know if your train is running ... There are no planned service changes affecting Prospect Heights stations today, but you should note that all weekend, there will be no 4 trains south of Brooklyn Bridge and no 5 trains south of Grand Central. No 3 train service will be extended to New Lots Avenue, according to the MTA.
5. ... And if you have to move your car. Not today of course, but alternate side won't be suspended again until Monday, May 28, for Memorial Day, according to the NYCDOT.