1. You need orchids ... and boogaloo. If so, hang on 'till Friday for at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden. The evening includes Latin-inspired cuisine (including some from , music, and "revelry" (according to BBG). Plus there will be an exclusive viewing of their over 6,000 orchids. We're letting you know now so you can get tickets. Friday, Feb. 10, 8 p.m. $65.
2. You need a good story. Head to where people tell 5-minute stories. If you want to tell yours, show up at 7 to put your name in a hat for your chance to take the stage. The show begins at 7:30 p.m. Chicken Barn Heroes follows at 9 and Kelli Scarr and Pervy at 11. , 683 Washington Ave., No cover.
3. You need to get the kids out of the house. There are a ton of kids' events today including at , 755 Dean St (at the corner of Underhill Ave), 10:30 a.m., $5/family. See our for more options.
4. You need to know if your train is running ... Between 11:45 p.m. and 5 a.m. through Friday, Q trains are running every 30 minutes between Atlantic Avenue and Stillwell Avenue. Brooklyn-bound trains will drop you at Pacific and you will have to walk to Atlantic and wait for the next leg (the reverse Manhattan-bound), according to the MTA.
5. ... And if you have to move your car. Alternate side won't be suspended again until Monday, Feb. 13 for Lincoln's Birthday, according to the NYCDOT.