1. You need a night out. Head to for , where each week there's an eclectic mix of live music. Tonight Greg Ward plays. 9 p.m. 683 Washington Ave bet. Prospect and St. Marks. Free.
2. You need big band. Head to Seventh Avenue for . Tonight it's the Andrew Rathbun Large Ensemble. 9 p.m. 837 Union St. $5.
3. You need to get the kids out of the house. Head to the for where kids ages 0 to 5 hear stories and play with toys. Space is limited, pick up a ticket at the Children's Reference Desk on the morning of the program. 10 Grand Army Plaza, 10-10:35 a.m. Free. Or, see our .
4. You need to know if your train is running ... Midnight to 5 a.m. there are no No. 2 trains between Brooklyn and Manhattan. Take the No. 5 or R trains to nearby stations instead, according to the MTA.
5. ... And if you have to move your car. You don't. Alternate side is suspended today and Tues., Nov. 8 for Idul-Adha, according to the NYCDOT. (Updated 8:30 a.m. 11/7/11)