Note: So I can best meet the needs of PHP's readers, please take a moment to answer the poll below. Thanks! -Amy
1. You need Celebrate Brooklyn! Tonight's show is It will be hot, but maybe the heat will keep enough people away to land you a better seat. Prospect Park W & 9th St, 7:30 p.m. Free.
2. You need pop/alt rock. Head to . BAM calls it "alt," while Rolling Stone calls it "groovalicious pop." Either way, it's sure to be good. , 30 Lafayette Ave., 9 p.m. Free.
3. You need to get the kids out of the house. It's going to be HOT today, so best to stay close to home. Head to for a . 755 Dean St (at the corner of Underhill Ave), 10:30 a.m. $5/family.
4. You need to know if your train is running ... It is! There are no planned service changes affecting Prospect Heights stations today or over the weekend, according to the MTA.
5. ... and if you have to move your car. Yup, you do. Alternate side parking rules won't be suspended again be until Wednesday, July 4, according to the NYCDOT.