Starting today, Prospect Heights Patch will run a weekly feature called Patch Picks, highlighting editor and reader picks on a weekly topic.
This week the topic is the best places to watch the Superbowl in Prospect Heights:
1. , 583 Vanderbilt Ave., 718-857-5777. Although Woodwork is officially a soccer bar, they will not only be showing the Super Bowl on several screens, but they're making both vegetarian and meat chili as well as lobster mac and cheese in its honor. There will also be $3 Red Stripes, Modelos and Tecates.
2. , 603 Vanderbilt Ave. 718-484-8704. The game will be showing on three screens at this Western-themed bar known for its extensive beer selection. Plus, where else can you watch the Packers take on the Steelers while munching on fried green tomatoes?
3. , 234 Underhill Ave., 718-399-6680. This cozy and friendly bar will showing the game on two screens and will have a number of specialties in honor of the game including vegetarian and non-vegetarian chili, Bratwurst, sauerkraut and, of course, wings, said Sepia's owner, Delissa Reynolds. There will also be Bud on tap for $4.
4. , 638 Bergen St., 718-399-6855. At Beast you can enjoy the game along with an upscale menu. The game will be shown on one large screen. The restaurant will extend its happy hour specials for the entire night, plus there will be one surprise beer for $3.
5. , 629 Vanderbilt Ave, 718-230-8393. Here you can have $3 beers (until at least 7 p.m.), perogies and beer-battered onion rings with your game, which they will be showing on one screen.