The NYPD's stop-and-frisk practice is being altered.
The document outlines new and existing modifications in how the police department will administer, train and track officers who question people.
In the three-page document, Kelly listed a number of existing and upcoming changes including:
- The addition of 2011 data on stop-and-frisk encounters to the NYPD site.
- The executive officer of each precinct will now be responsible for a monthly audit of stop-and-frisk reports.
- The NYPD will try to identify officers who receive a baseline number of complaints related to stop-and-frisk and compare them to their peers.
- Production of a new training video for officers.
- The department has applied for a grant to expand community outreach.
Quinn, along with Prospect Heights Councilman Letitia James, , and , have been .