Join Marlene Saunders and Dr. Flize Brian on the first Monday of the month for this health/human services committee.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Conduct human services needs assessment, including services for health, youth, senior citizens, infants, homeless, and the handicapped
- Monitor and evaluate the District's public and private human services programs before consultations and hearings
- Review proposals for human services programs and make recommendations to the Community Board
- Establish strong working relationship with area hospitals and health care centers to make sure adequate services are provided to the community
- Entertain proposals from health and/or human service providers including day cares, head start programs, drug and alcohol treatment centers, mental health facilities, transitional and supportive housing initiatives, and others
- Work with health care providers to obtain information and free screening services for residents in the District