1. NYC Schools will be closed through the end of the week.
2. Limited subway service will begin Thursday morning with "bus bridges" into Manhattan. Sadly, Prospect Heights' main lines, the 2, 3, Q and B are not running. You can pick up the train at Franklin or Atlantic Avenue. On the up side, buses are running and rides are free through Friday. See link for details.
3. You must have at least three people in the car to drive into Manhattan on Thursday and Friday. Or you need to drive over the bridge before 6 a.m. Your choice.
4. The department of sanitation will try to pick up your garbage but no guarantees. No recycling pick-up yet.
5. All NYC parks, playgrounds, beaches, and recreation centers remain closed until further notice due to hazardous conditions. Bloomberg says the city hopes to have them open by the weekend. See the Parks Department website for updates.
6. Alternate side parking rules will be suspended Thursday and Friday but you will need to feed the meters.