1. The Brooklyn Battery Tunnel (recently renamed the Hugh Carey Tunnel) reopened to cars Tuesday, but is only open during rush hour between 6am-10am (Manhattan bound) and 3pm-7pm (Brooklyn bound). Trucks are still not allowed.
2. The New York Cares Annual Coat Drive has begun early, due to the urgent need for coats in Sandy-affected areas. Drop off your coats at a local library or police precinct or set up a collection site of your own.
3. Regular trash and recycling collections have resumed.
4. The subway is for the most part back to regular service, however, there are still some closed stations in lower Manhattan on the R, 1 and J/Z lines, as well as in the Howard Beach/Rockaway area on the A and Shuttle lines. See mta.info for more information.
5. Alternate side parking rules return today, except for communities affected by Superstorm Sandy. The next suspension is Thursday, Nov. 22 for Thanksgiving.