There has been another gunpoint robbery in the Franklin Avenue area.
A 32-year-old woman walking on Park Place, when, at the corner of Classon Avenue, three men came up to her and asked to borrow her cell phone.
She was trying to find the phone when one of the men demanded her wallet, showing her a black gun in his waistband and saying, “I’m not playing, give us your wallet."
The woman handed it over and the men fled. The robbery took place on Saturday, July 21 at 1:54 a.m.The report said.
Have you signed up for our newsletter? Click here to get Prospect Heights Patch in your inbox every morning.
This is at least the seventh strong-arm mugging the area between Underhill and Bedford avenues this year:
- On June 20, and his wallet, cell phone and iPod taken at St. Johns Place between Franklin and Bedford avenues.
- On June 13, , using a gun to hit the man in the head and making off with their wallets and a cell phone, according to a police report.
- On May 4, a 30-year-old man on St. John's Place near Washington Avenue, with the gunman making off with his backpack containing more than $1,000 in clothing and electronics.
- On Feb. 28, a gun-wielding man stole iPhones from women as they walked near the corner of Underhill and St. Marks avenues.
- On Feb. 12, a 35-year-old man turned the tables on a would-be thief by attempt on St. Charles Place near Franklin Avenue
- And on Jan. 24 a 25-year-old woman was walking on St. Johns Place between Bedford and Franklin avenues when and stole her backpack and wallet.
- In addition, on Jan. 18, a man was bashed in the head with a metal cane on Bergen Street.
Anyone with information on the above crimes is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477). The public can also submit their tips on the Crime Stoppers' website or by texting their tips to CRIMES (274637), then enter TIP577. All calls are strictly confidential.