The following information is from police reports supplied by the 77th Precinct of the NYPD. It does not indicate a conviction.
License Plate Thefts Continue
Following a and , last week there were three more incidents:
- A 74-year-old man reported that his license plate as stolen off of his car while it was parked near the intersection of Washington Avenue and Bergen Street on May 11.
- A 22-year-old woman reported that the plate was stolen off of her car while it was parked at the intersection of Lincoln and St. Francis places between May 9 and May 10.
- A 45-year-old man reported that his plate was stolen on May 10 from his carparked on St. Johns Place between Franklin and Bedford avenues.
Cluster of Marijuana Arrests
Between May 8 and 11, four people were arrested and charged with marijuana possession:
- A 36-year-old man was arrested after a cop saw him with two ziploc bags of marijuana on Bergen Street between Classon and Franklin at 5 p.m. on May 8.
- Two men, aged 37 and 39, were arrested at the interaction of Franklin Avenue and Eastern Parkway after a cop saw the men smoking a joint while driving through a red light. Cops also discovered that the man at the wheel did not have a driver’s license. The arrest took place at 8:37 p.m. on May 10. (Note to self: always obey traffic laws when smoking pot and driving ...)
- A 29-year-old man was arrested after a cop saw the man light a marijuana cigar in on Pacific Street between Classon and Franklin avenues just after 6 p.m. on May 11. When the cop approached the suspect, the man threw the cigar behind a steel fence, but cops were able to retrieve it.