A 34-year-old man was beaten and robbed in a late-night mugging on Eastern Parkway between Underhill and Washington.
The man was coming home on August 23 at about 11:30 p.m. when three men jumped him as he stood in front of his apartment building, according to a police report.
One of the attackers punched the man in the face, knocking him to the ground. Then all three muggers kicked and punched him as he was lying on the ground.
Then one of the men said “Give me all you’ve got,” and demanded the man’s wedding ring, asking what it was made of. They also took the man’s iPhone and then ran off.
A neighbor said the man received multiple injuries including a broken cheekbone.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.
This is at least the eighth violent attack this summer:
- On August 6, a 23-year-old woman was pulled to the ground and repeatedly punched in face on Grand Avenue near Pacific Street, before a resident called the cops;
- On August 4, by two attackers on Washington Avenue near Lincoln Place.
- On July 30, three muggers punched and kicked a 26-year-old man in the head during a between Carlton and Flatbush.
- On July 14, a 23-year-old man was taken to Methodist Hospital after a man between Washington and Underhill.
- On June 29, a group of men used a golf club to a 23-year-old as he was riding his bike on Dean Street at Grand Avenue.
- On June 13, a gunman during a mugging of a couple Eastern Parkway between Vanderbilt and Underhill.
- On June 4, a 24-year-old man went to the hospital after someone at the intersection of Washington Avenue and Bergen Street.
Men or women wishing for a bicycle can call 718-744-7592 between the hours of Sun.-Thurs., 8 p.m. to midnight, Fri.-Sat., 8 p.m. to 3:30 a.m.
Anyone with information on any of these attacks are asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477). The public can also submit their tips on the Crime Stoppers' website or by texting their tips to CRIMES (274637), then enter TIP577. All calls are strictly confidential.