Three muggers injured a 26-year-old man in a violent robbery on St. Marks Avenue between Carlton and Flatbush late last month.
The man was walking home at about 2 a.m. on July 30 when a man came up to him from behind and asked him the time. The man continued walking and the mugger grabbed him. Two other men joined in and the three pushed the victim to the ground while punching and kicking him in the head and body. One of the men then took the man’s wallet and iphone out of his pockets and the trio ran off, according to a police report.
Not many muggings take place on Carlton Avenue in Prospect Heights, but in April of 2011, a 25-year-old woman was between St. Marks and Bergen.
In addition, there have been several attacks nearby:
- On July 14, a 23-year-old man was taken to Methodist Hospital after a man between Washington and Underhill.
- On June 29, a group of men used a golf club to a 23-year-old as he was riding his bike on Dean Street at Grand Avenue.
- On June 13, a gunman during a mugging of a couple Eastern Parkway between Vanderbilt and Underhill.
- On June 4, a 24-year-old man went to the hospital after someone at the intersection of Washington Avenue and Bergen Street.
- On Feb. 25, there were two incidents where men were near Underhill Avenue.
On Jan. 18, a man was bashed in the head with a metal cane on Bergen Street between Grand and Classon.
- On Dec. 17, a 36-year-old man walking on Park Place near Underhill was attacked by a group of seven who beat him so badly that his jaw broke in two places.
Those wishing for a bicycle can call 718-744-7592 between the hours of Sun.-Thurs., 8 p.m. to midnight, Fri.-Sat., 8 p.m. to 3:30 a.m.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477). The public can also submit their tips on the Crime Stoppers' website or by texting their tips to CRIMES (274637), then enter TIP577. All calls are strictly confidential.