A man was violently robbed in an early-morning mugging on Washington Avenue.
The 33-year-old man was walking on the avenue near Lincoln Place on Saturday, August 4 at 4:30 a.m. when he noticed he was being followed by two men in their 20s, according to a police report.
The robbers punched him in the face repeatedly, then removed his wallet and cell phone from his pocket and ran off.
The man suffered a black eye and lacerations on his face and head, according to the report.
There have been several violent muggings in the neighborhood in the past few months:
- On July 30, three muggers punched and kicked a 26-year-old man in the head during a between Carlton and Flatbush.
- On July 14, a 23-year-old man was taken to Methodist Hospital after a man between Washington and Underhill.
- On June 29, a group of men used a golf club to a 23-year-old as he was riding his bike on Dean Street at Grand Avenue.
- On June 13, a gunman during a mugging of a couple Eastern Parkway between Vanderbilt and Underhill.
- On June 4, a 24-year-old man went to the hospital after someone at the intersection of Washington Avenue and Bergen Street.
Men or women wishing for a bicycle can call 718-744-7592 between the hours of Sun.-Thurs., 8 p.m. to midnight, Fri.-Sat., 8 p.m. to 3:30 a.m.
Anyone with information on any of these attacks are asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477). The public can also submit their tips on the Crime Stoppers' website or by texting their tips to CRIMES (274637), then enter TIP577. All calls are strictly confidential.