1. You need fireworks. Head to , which begins at 11 p.m. and includes live music by Rock 'N" Soul and free hot cocoa. Fireworks begin at midnight but you want to get there early for a prime spot.
2. You need to make plans for New Year's Eve. It's not too late. Whether you want dinner, dancing or both, there are great options all over Prospect Heights, .
3. You need to get the kids out of the house. Head to the New York Transit Museum for their 'Windows of the Elevated' workshop where kids get to make stained glass windows. New York Transit Museum, Corner of Boerum Pl & Schermerhorn St, 1:30 p.m., Ages 2-5, Free with museum admission (adults $7, kids 2-17 and seniors $5). Or see our for more options.
4. You need to know if your train is running ... No train changes affecting Prospect Heights stations, but if you're heading to Times Squre tonight, you should know that the Times Squre exit for the Q/2/3 and all those other trains will be closed tonight. However but you can exit via the passageway at Eighth Avenue, according to the MTA.
5. ... And if you have to move your car. Not today of course, but you're set for Monday because alternate side will be suspended, according to the NYCDOT.