1. You need to find out what's going on with Prospect Park's lake. Luckily tonight there's a lecture: . Prospect Park Audobon Center, 6 p.m. Free.
2. You need bluesy, jazzy, country/rock. If you're a fan of American roots music, head over to Washington Avenue to hear . 683 Washington Ave. bet. St. Marks and Bergen, 9 p.m. Free.
3. You need indie rock. Tonight there's also beginning at 7 and at at 8.
4. You need to get the kids out of the house. Head to for a . 755 Dean St (at the corner of Underhill Ave), 10:30 a.m. $5/family.
5. You need to know if your train is running ... and if you have to move your car. There are no planned subway changes affecting Prospect Heights stations today or over the weekend, according to the MTA. And for the car endowed, alternate side won't be suspended again until Mon/Tues Sept. 17-18 for Rosh Hashanah, according to the NYCDOT.