FASTrack, the MTA’s plan to shut down subway service entirely on some lines while repairs are being made, will affect service on the B, D, F and M lines beginning tonight, July 23.
From Monday through Friday, between the hours of 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. each night, service on the B, D, F and M lines will be suspended between 57th Street and West 4th Street in Manhattan, in both directions.
According to the MTA:
- D trains will be rerouted and operate in two sections:
- D trains will operate between 205th Street and 59th Street-Columbus Circle, then via the C line between 59th Street-Columbus Circle and West 4th Street, then via the F line between West 4th Street and 2nd Avenue, the last stop.
- D trains will operate between Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue and 36th Street in Brooklyn, then via the R line between 36th Street and Whitehall Street in Lower Manhattan, the last stop.
- F trains operate via the E line between Roosevelt Avenue and West 4th Street in both directions.
- Manhattan-bound B and M service in Brooklyn and Queens ends at 9:30 p.m. Service in Manhattan is available until 10 p.m.
- Q service is extended to 21 St-Queensbridge via the F line after 57 St-7 Av.
- Trains run to and from Lexington Av/63 St, Roosevelt Island, and 21 St-Queensbridge, the last stop.
- Coney Island-bound Q line icon service originates at 21 St-Queensbridge.
- Free shuttle buses will provide connecting service between the Grand Street D station and both the Canal Street N, Q, R and 6 and Broadway-Lafayette D and F stations.