1. You need to watch the presidential debates. Do it in good company at Woodwork, Little Zelda or Flatbush Farm. Know of other Prospect Heights spots showing the debates? Let us know in the comments.
2. You need Zydeco ... and accordion. Head to The Way Station for the Little Sammy Squeeze and RockInOctober, where accordionist Little Sammy Squeeze hosts a Rock & Roll Rhythm & Blues Zydeco Dance Party. 683 Washington Ave. bet. St. Marks and Prospect, 8 p.m., free.
3. You need to get the kids out of the house. If you have a 0-18 month old, head to the Central Library for Babies and Books at 10 a.m. or 10:30 a.m. (get there early and pick up a ticket), free. For older kids, head to the Shake It Up Baby for toddlers at Dean Street at 10:30 a.m.
4. You need to know if your train is running ... It is! There are no planned service changes affecting Prospect Heights all week, according to the MTA.
5. ... and if you have to move your car. You do. The next alternate side suspension is Monday, Oct. 8 for Columbus Day and Shemini Atzereth, according to the NYCDOT.