1. Love your mate: Haven't picked up a gift yet? Don't despair. Here's a list of Prospect Heights-area spots for flowers, chocolate, jewelry and more.
2. Love grub: Still haven't made reservations yet? Check out our list of neighborhood restaurants romantic enough for Valentine's Day, many of which are offering prix-fixe menus for parties of two. You may score a spot yet—if you hurry!
3. Love laughs: Who hasn't been rejected at one time or another? Tonight, bust a gut while hearing about someone else's breakups at The Valentine's Rejection Show, a comedy lineup of hilarous heartbreakers such as Lizz Winstead, Dave Hill, Sara Schaefer, Giulia Rozzi, Julieanne Smolinski, and Eliot and Ilana Glazer. Littlefield, 8:30 p.m., $10.
4. Love commiserating: Whether you "want the one you can't have" or are dating "This Charming Man," you won't want to miss tonight's Unloveable, the annual Valentine’s day performance by the best Smiths tribute band in New York, The Sons and Heirs. The Bell House, 9 p.m., $15.
5. Love on the run: Offer to move the car for the object of your affection. Alternate side parking is back in effect today.
*Or, you could just stay home, eat chocolate, and watch the V-Day themed episode of Glee [teaser video above]. We won't judge.