1. Make the pie. If you've been assigned dessert at tonight's Thanksgiving dinner, here are five great pie recipes to choose from.
2. Volunteer. If you're looking to spread the love, here's a list of Brooklyn places that need volunteers on Thanksgiving or the day after.
3. Hit the bar. Piquant and Woodland are open all day and evening, and Minor Arcana and Bar Sepia will be open tonight after 8 p.m. For those looking to eat their turkey and sides out, here's a list of restaurants serving Thanksgiving dinner. And see our list of open businesses here.
4. See the parade. For ways to get the most of the another city tradition, check out our 10 tips for surviving (and enjoying!) Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade.
5. Move the car, and avoid the parade. Alternate side parking rules are suspended today, but they ARE in effect Friday. If you're planning to drive to Manhattan, here are the Thanksgiving street closures to be aware of.