1. Do something for Sandy survivors. Here's a fun option: a Comedy Fest at The Co-op School for Sandy Relief, hosted by Harris Stanton with Mike Britt, Keith Alberstadt and Veronica Mosey. Doors open at 7:30 p.m., show starts at 8. $15, or $20, which includes two drinks (for those 21 or older). 87 Irving Place (between Fulton and Putnam).
2. Sing your heart out. Head to The Little Zelda Thursday Singalong, where perfectly normal adults sing along to a complete album. This week its Morrissey's Bona Drag. 728 Franklin Ave. bet. Park and Sterling, 8:30 p.m. Free.
3. Get a job. If you have cooking experience, you're in luck. Levy's Restaurants, which operates the food concessions at Barclays Center, is currently recruiting candidates for approximately 30 positions as line cooks. To qualify you most attend a pre-recruitment screening event today in Downtown Brooklyn. Final interviews are set for Friday. To register, click here.
4. Improve your block. to plant trees, clean up graffiti or litter, repair or install street signs and much more.
5. Move the car. Yes, sadly, alternate side parking rules are in effect, except for areas hard-hit by Sandy (not us). The next suspension is Thanksgiving.