1. See a band. Or several. If you're up for a night of music, the Prospect Heights area is full of choices with Nick Demeris + Comic Tales of Tragic Heartbreak @ The Way Station, Pulsewave: Riffs N' Chips @ LaunchPad and Queer Country Monthly with Karen & The Sorrows @ Branded Saloon.
2. See a bird. If you're interested in birding, or ready to give it a try, head to Prospect Park for a Bird Watching Tour with “The Urban Birder.” (See some of the birds you might spot in the park in the photo gallery.) All skill levels welcome. The tour will begin at Grand Army Plaza and end at the Audubon Center where you can warm up with hot chocolate and coffee. Binoculars will be provided. $5 suggested donation. 9 a.m.
3. See a film. Today at the Brooklyn Museum, you can see a showing of La Pirogue,about a group of Senegalese emigrants aboard a small boat set out to make the perilous ocean crossing to Spain. Tickets are available at the door and online. 2 p.m.
4. See the kids play lacrosse. The Brooklyn Lacrosse Club is holding a Free Youth Clinics for boys and girls from Pre-K through 8th grade. This is the last session, so if you're interested, head over to P.S. 10, 511 7th Ave. at 17th Street, today. 12 to 3 p.m. Free.
5. See what Black History means to your community. Discuss what Black History means to you and learn about what it means to your neighbors at LaunchPad's Black History Month Celebration. See the link for RSVP info and details. 2 to 5 p.m. Pay what you wish.