1. See the granddaddy of gangster films. March on over to the Central Library tonight for a screening of The Public Enemy, well-known as one of Warner Bros. earliest—and best—gangster flicks. Check it out at the Dweck Center at 6:30 p.m.
2. Get an athletics scholarship. Find out everything you need to know to make sure your child qualifies for the NCAA as a freshamn at the NCAA Eligibility Information Session. St. Francis College, 180 Remsen St., 6 p.m. Free.
3. Go back to work on your screenplay. Need some motivation? Head to LaunchPad tonight for the Screenwriters Meet-Up and Workshop. 721 Franklin Ave. bet. Park and Sterling. 7:30 p.m. Free.
4. Hit the bars. There's a lot going on tonight including a country music line-up at The Way Station, Comedy at Eve's, Trivia at Bar Sepia and Bingo at Branded Saloon. All free.
5. Move the car. Sorry, alternate side parking rules are in effect today. The next suspension is Sun., Feb. 10 for the Asian Lunar New Year.