Good Morning Prospect Heights! Here are five things for your to-do list today:
1. Attend the Brooklyn Botanic Garden's 'Light in Winter." This is the first of a monthly event that offers such activities as bird watching, winter yoga and crafting workshops. Click here for more information. 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden, located at 1000 Washington Ave. Free with garden admission of $10, $5 students and seniors. Kids 11 and under are free.
2. Get the kids out of the house ... and do some good. Head to the City Stomp Live & Suzi Shelton Benefit Concert. Advance tickets are $12 per person (2 and over) Tickets are $15 at the door for everyone. Doors open at 2:30. Show begins at 3:00. Littlefield 622 Degraw St. bet. 3rd and 4th avenues. See more Sandy benefits here and more kids events today here.
3. Nerd up. Head to our favorite nerd bar for a screening of Fellowship of the Rings followed by Nerd Cabaret. The Way Station, 683 Washington Ave. bet. Prospect and St. Marks, 9 p.m. No cover.
4. Try yoga. You know you should do it. But if you never have, then here's a class for you: Yoga for Brand New Beginners. 367 Saint Marks Ave., 3 p.m. $15. Also, there's Winter Yoga at the Brooklyn Botanical Garden as part of the Light in Winter event (see above).
5. Move the car. Alternate side parking rules will be in effect all week. The next suspension isn't until Christmas Day.