More than two dozen musical groups will be performing across Prospect Heights today as part of , a citywide event where new musicians perform outdoor concerts across the city.
"I look forward to it every year," said Chanelle Dorsett, owner of Idalia's Salon on Washington Avenue.
This year Hot Club of Flatbush will be playing in front of her shop at 677 Washington between St. Marks and Prospect between 3:30pm and 4:30pm.
For Dorsett, part of the fun is watching people's surprise as they come across the performers.
"it catches them off guard. It’s nice to see them pause, stop, and ask themselves the question: 'Umm ... am I in Brooklyn?'"
This is Make Music New York's sixth year. The non-profit, volunteer-run organization runs the outdoor festival on June 21, in celebration of the beginning of summer, every year.
Here is the schedule for Prospect and Crown Heights:
Between Lincoln & St. John's Place
- · Toys & Tiny Instruments: 2-3pm @ Coffee Bites (824 Washington)
Between St. John's & Sterling Place
- · Rhymes and Schemes: 7-8pm @ Awedacity Boutique! (806 Washington)
Between Prospect Place & St. Marks Avenue
- · Dirty River: 5-6pm @ Yanatiba (714 Washington)
- · Higher Levin: 7-9pm @ Nu Wave Kultural Kreations (712 Washington)
- · Elisa Flynn & Taylor Ivana: 5-7pm @ Bitter & Esters (700 Washington)
- · Emma Sky: 11am-1pm @ Sit & Wonder (688 Washington)
- · Hot Club of Flatbush: 3:30pm-4:30pm @ Idalias Salon (677 Washington)
- · Vasudeva: 4-6pm @ Corner of Grand/Prospect Place/Washington
- · Jesse Lee: 3:30-5:30pm @ Abigail Cafe & Wine Bar (807 Classon Ave)
- · Yoshie Fruchter's Romeo Studs: 1-3pm @ Corner of St. Johns & Underhill
- · Plate Tectonics: 5-7pm @ Dean Street (755 Dean Street)
(721 Franklin Ave. bet. Park and Sterling):
95 South (778 Franklin bet. Lincoln and St. Johns):
4:00 PM - 9:00 PM:
HighStakes (Hip Hop)
GI Jo (Hip Hop)
Terri Cann (Religious)
Brian J (Hip Hop)
EURO (Hip Hop)
Brotherhood Experience (Hip Hop)
Ciph Boogie/ Prota-J (Hip Hop)
Rell Rock (Hip Hop)
DJ Ace and Much Finesse (Hip Hop)