1. You need to know if you have to move your car ... and will the garbage be picked up? No and probably not until spring. Bloomberg has . Alternate side and garbage and recycling pick-up is suspended until further notice. They also ask you to stay off the roads if possible. And this time, if you abandon your car, it's going to be towed.
2. You need to know if your train is running. Last night the MTA had announced no service changes due to weather and had canceled all service changes for repairs. Check the MTA site for the latest update.
3. You need to get the kids out of the house. It's a great day to hit with your sled. The best hills are by the Tennis House (see map), off Prospect Park West and 9th Street.
4. You need to get out of the house. Assuming it's not snowed out, there's Ibsen's "" at BAM.
5. You need to ease your bad back, exacerbated by the shoveling this morning. Assuming this isn't snowed out, head to for community .