1. You need violin dance music. Head to , where violinist plays classic hits that will make you want to dance. 335 Flatbush Ave., 8pm-11pm, Free.
2. You need more music. There's also the at 8 followed by at 11, and the , also at 11. Both free.
3. You need to get the kids out of the house. Despite the discovery of two weeks ago, we have determined that the Brooklyn Children's Museum is safe to visit, and they're having some great events this afternoon and evening--see their schedule here. 145 Brooklyn Ave. bet. St. Marks and Prospect. Free with admission of $7.50 for everyone 1 year and older. See our weekly list of for more options.
4. You need to know if your train is running ... It is! There are no subway changes affecting Prospect Heights stations today, according to the MTA.
5. ... and if you have to move your car. You do, but then you're good until Tuesday because alternate side will be suspended Monday, Sept. 3 for Labor Day, according to the NYCDOT.