1. See a night of short films foll0wed by live music at LaunchPad at the Collar City Film Festival + The Disposable Rocket Band. 721 Franklin Ave., 8 p.m. $5.
2. On Saturday, head to the Gowanus NITE Market, a monthly indoor pop-up market with rotating film industry props, vendor stations and locally produced goods.
3. Who doesn't enjoy a night of dance and song? The Brooklyn Society for Ethical Culture is holding a night of folk dance and a sing-a-long called 'Prospect Concerts Presents: Contradance.' Everyone is welcome–all ages and no experience is necessary.
4. Catch the holiday classic 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' live at the Brooklyn Lyceum all weekend and throughout next week. Tickets are available at the door or online.
5. Alternate side parking rules are in effect. The next suspension isn't until Christmas Day.