1. You need bluesy, jazzy, country/rock. If you're a fan of American roots music, head over to Washington Avenue to hear . 683 Washington Ave. bet. St. Marks and Bergem, 9 p.m. Free.
2. You need to dance, really dance. In that case, head to for their monthly , a community-run freestyle dance, modeled after some such favorites as Dance Freedom, Freestyle Frolic, and Barefoot Boogie. 367 St. Marks Ave., bet. Washington and Grand, 8:30 p.m. concluding with a Community Circle at 11. Free ... style ($5-10 at the door).
3. You need to get the kids out of the house. Head to for a . 755 Dean St (at the corner of Underhill Ave), 10:30 a.m. $5/family.
4. You need to know if your train is running ... It is! There are no planned service changes affecting Prospect Heights stations today, according to the MTA.
5. ... and if you have to move your car. You do. Alternate side parking rules won't be suspended again be until Wednesday, August 15 for Feast of the Assumption. (And since Wednesdays are of zero help to Prospect Heighters, note that the next ASP suspension that actually helps us will be on Monday, August 20 for Idul-Fitr, according to the NYCDOT.