1. You need art. Head to for the art show, featuring local artists Louella E. Jones, Nereida Martinez and Lyvan Alexander Munlyn. 769 Washington Ave. at St. Johns Place, 7-10 p.m., Free.
2. You need film. Head to at LauchPad. The event is part of Save Our Streets Crown Heights' Arts to End Violence festival. 721 Franklin Ave. bet. Park and Sterling, 7 p.m. Free.
3. You need to get the kids out of the house. Three great events at the today: Babies and Books for little ones up to 18 months (10:15 or 11 a.m., Children's Wing), , where children's book author David Ezra Stein will read from his latest works and discuss his illustrations (10 a.m., Dweck Center) and the for ages 3 to 7 (Children's Wing, 7:30 p.m.) Free. 10 Grand Army Plaza, Free (If anyone showed up for Meet the Author yesterday, I'm really sorry about the error in yesterday's 5 Things.). See our for more options.
4. You need to know if your train is running ... There are no planned service changes affecting Prospect Heights stations today, but you should note that between midnight and 5 a.m. all week there are no No. 4 trains south of Brooklyn Bridge and no No. 5 trains south of Grand Central. The No. 3 train service will be extended to New Lots Avenue, according to the MTA.
5. ... And if you have to move your car. You do. Alternate side won't be suspended until Monday, May 28, for Memorial Day, according to the NYCDOT.