1. You need a good laugh. Head to the for their new comedy showcase featuring The Daily Show's Wyatt Cenac, Mike Lawrence, Damien Lemon, Giulia Rozzi and hosted by Jared Logan, 30 Lafayette Ave., 9 p.m. (bar opens at 8), Free.
2. You need some country. In that case, head to , where pop-rockers Melissa Li & the Barely Theirs tackle a country set. 603 Vanderbilt Avenue at Bergen, 8 p.m. No cover.
3. You need to get the kids out of the house. It's supposed to be a nice day today, so head to Park Slope for with music, stories, puppets and more for ages 0-5. Birth Day Presence Studio, 182 Eighth Ave., bet. Garfield and First Street. 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. $5 per family. There are a ton of events on Wednesdays. See our for more options.
4. You need to know if your train is running ... It is! There are no planned service changes affecting Prospect Heights stations today. However, you should note that Manhattan-bound Q trains are running through the tunnel midnight to 5 a.m. through May 11, so leave extra time, according to the MTA.
5. ... And if you have to move your car. Not that there's any Wednesday street cleaning in Prospect Heights, but alternate side won't be suspended again until Thursday, May 17 for Solemnity of the Ascension, according to the NYCDOT.