1. You need to help out. Head to for a . Fred and Lhea are expecting their first child and Fred was recently diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma. The line-up includes Hypodive (rock), Bucky Hayes (acoustic), Mo Mozuch (comedian), Mike O'Malley (also eclectic), and more. Plus a special appearance by Paul Ryan. 683 Washington Ave. bet. St. Marks and Prospect. 7 p.m. $5 suggested donation.
2. You need to use your mind. Then head to the new Wednesday event, . Bring a board or pair up with someone there. Don't worry if you're rusty. Owner Michael De Zayas promises a "super friendly" atmosphere. 728 Franklin Ave. bet. Park and Sterling. 6:30-8:30 p.m., free.
3. You need to sing! Head to the , which also welcomes other types of performers (7:30 p.m. to sign up) or (7-11 p.m.) Free.
4. You need to get the kids out of the house. For the morning crowd, there's and in the afternoon in Park Slope. Both $5.
5. You need to know if your train is running ... and if you have to move your car. Fastrack is back: The between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m. Sept. 3-6 from Grand Central to Atlantic Avenue for FASTrack repairs. Otherwise you're good, according to the MTA. And for the car endowed, alternate side won't be suspended again until Mon/Tues Sept. 17-18 for Rosh Hashanah, according to the NYCDOT.