1. You need to vote on Thursday. Tomorrow there is a Democratic primary for state assembly and district leader. Not sure whom to vote for? See our profiles of the candidates: , and .
2. You need jazz, blues and boogaloo. Head to to hear the jazz/folk stories of and the soul, country, boogaloo mix of . 683 Washington Ave. bet. St. Marks and Prospect. Ted Hefko at 9 p.m., Wolf at 11 p.m. Free.
3. You need to get the kids out of the house. For the morning crowd, there's and in the afternoon in Park Slope. Both $5.
4. You need to know if your train is running ... It is! There are no subway changes affecting Prospect Heights stations all week, according to the MTA.
5. ... and if you have to move your car. There's no Wednesday street cleaning in Prospect Alternate side won't be suspended again until Mon/Tues Sept. 17-18 for Rosh Hashanah, according to the NYCDOT.