1. You need to watch the vice presidential debate. Lots of choices: you can watch it at the newish bar 739 Franklin, the other newish bar Little Zelda or the longtime bar Sepia.
2. You need a good documentary. Head to the Central Library for which will be followed by a Q&A with the director (and preceded by wine and cheese). 10 Grand Army Plaza, 6:30 p.m. Free.
2.5 You need to change your voter registration. You moved to our lovely neighborhood. Save yourself a trip to your old polling place. You have through Friday to change your voter registration (or register to vote for the first time) to qualify for the Nov. 6 election.
4. You need to get the kids out of the house. Head to Dean Street for a Sing-a-long with Lloyd. 755 Dean St. at Underhill, 10:30 a.m. $5.
4. You need to know if your train is running ... It is! There are no planned service changes affecting Prospect Heights stations all week, according to the MTA.
5. ... and if you have to move your car. Alternate side is in effect today. The next suspension is Friday, Oct. 26 for Idul-Adha, according to the NYCDOT.