1. You need music. Head to for the country sounds of at 9:30 p.m. There's also at 8 p.m. 603 Vanderbilt Ave. at Bergen. No cover.
2. You need to show of your breadth of knowledge. There's at 8 p.m. and , also at 8. Note that Bar Sepia, which usually has trivia on Tuesdays, is closed tonight.
3. You need to plan for the future. A few classes and events coming up that you probably want to know about in advance: On Thursday is having a , on Sunday, is having an for new members and on Thursday, Sept. 13, there's a .
4. You need to know if your train is running ... Fastrack is back: The between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m. Sept. 3-6 from Grand Central to Atlantic Avenue for FASTrack repairs, according to the MTA.
5. ... and if you have to move your car. You do. Alternate side won't be suspended again until Mon/Tues Sept. 17-18 for Rosh Hashanah, according to the NYCDOT.