1. You need to think critically about Hip-Hop. Head to the , a a day-long symposium dedicated to critical discussion and intellectual analysis of Hip-Hop music, culture and business., 10 Grand Army Plaza, noon to 6 p.m. $10.
2. You need to hit the bar. A lot of choices tonight: There's , , , at , and . No cover.
3. You need to get the kids out of the house. Head to the where young urban gardeners will explore a different nature theme each week and then create their own windowsill planting or nature craft. The event is canceled in rain or heat of 95°F or above. Meet in Discovery Garden. , 1000 Washington Avenue, 1:30 p.m. Free. See our for more options.
4. You need to know if your train is running. There are no planned service changes affecting Prospect Heights stations today, according to the MTA.
5. And if you have to move your car. Alternate side parking rules won't be suspended again be until Wednesday, August 15 for Feast of the Assumption. (And since Wednesdays don't help Prospect Heighters, note that the nextsuspension of use is on Monday, August 20 for Idul-Fitr, according to the NYCDOT.