1. You need Appalachian folk. Tuesday is apparently Appalachian night, with Shanna Jones at The Way Station at 9 and Swing & Sway with Sarah Alden at Branded Saloon at 8:30 p.m. Both Free.
2. You need trivia. In that case, head to Trivia Tuesdays at Minor Arcana. 706 Washington Ave., 8 p.m., Free.
3. You need to get the kids out of the house. Head to Dean Street for Story Time for Tiny People. 755 Dean St., at the corner of Underhill Ave, 10:30 a.m., $5/family.
4. You need to know if your train is running ... It is! There are no planned service changes affecting Prospect Heights all week, according to the MTA.
5. ... and if you have to move your car. You don't! Alternate side is suspended today for Succot, according to the NYCDOT.