1. You need Dr. Who. The new season has finally arrived, so head to . Geek TV first, then nerd music. What could be better? 683 Washington Ave. bet. St. Marks and Prospect. Dr. Who at 4:30 p.m., Ashley Boehm at 8 p.m. Free.
2. You need to see the lotus blossoms. If you've seen our you know they're gorgeous, so go ahead and take the while they're still at their peak, or just visit on your own. While you're there, check out the . , 1000 Washington Ave., 1 p.m. Free with $10 garden admission.
3. You need to get the kids out of the house. A new program has started at the Audubon Center in Prospect Park: Nature on the Go! A Naturalist will leads nature games and then takes children and families to areas near the Audubon Center, where they can be active and learn about the nature that is all around us. 1-2 p.m. Meet at The Audubon Center at the Boathouse (just inside the Lincoln Road/Ocean Ave. entrance to Prospect Park). Free.
4. You need to know if your train is running ... It is! There are no subway changes affecting Prospect Heights stations all weekend, according to the MTA.
5. ... and if you have to move your car. Not today of course, but not Monday either, since alternate side will be suspendedfor Labor Day, according to the NYCDOT.