Note: So I can best meet the needs of PHP's readers, please take a moment to answer the poll below. Thanks! -Amy
1. You need to take your talents public. Head to the . 837 Union St. at 7th Avenue, 9 p.m. Free.
2. You need to do something different. Head to Prospect Park for their Discover Tour where you will learn the history of the Boathouse and see little-known curiosities about the Park and its animal residents. Meet at The Audubon Center at the Boathouse (just inside the Lincoln Road/Ocean Ave. entrance to Prospect Park). For adults and older kids. 3-4 p.m. Free.
3. You need to get the kids out of the house. Today is the summer's first , a free program that offers kids fishing instruction and an introduction to aquatic ecology. Open to children, 15, and under. Kids must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Spots are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Lincoln Road entrance, 2 p.m. Free. Or, for (quite a few) more options.
4. You need to know if your train is running ... It is! There are no planned service changes affecting Prospect Heights stations all weekend, according to the MTA. Whoopie!!!!
5. ... and if you have to move your car. Not today, but alternate side parking rules won't be suspended again be until Wednesday, July 4. (And since Wednesdays are of zero help to Prospect Heighters, note that the next ASP suspension that actually helps us will be on Monday, August 20 for Idul-Fitr, according to the NYCDOT.