1. You need a good story. Head to for , a monthly storytelling night. If you want to talk, show up at 7 p.m. to put your name in the pot for a chance to tell a five-minute tale. This month the theme is "Blow." 7:30-9 p.m. 683 Washington Ave. bet. Prospect and St. Mark's. No cover.
2. You need a night out. Head to for featuring Eliza B, Carmen Noelia and Lynette Williams. 603 Vanderbilt Ave., 8 p.m. Free.
3. You need to get the kids out of the house. If you have a baby, head to the for at 10 or 10:30 a.m. (Free). For older kids there's at at 10:30 a.m. ($5 per family). And for kids 5-12 there's at from 5-6 p.m. (Free). See our for more kids events.
4. You need to know if your train is running ... Between 11:45 p.m. and 5 a.m. weeknights through Friday, trains are running every 30 minutes between Atlantic Avenue and Stillwell Avenue. Brooklyn-bound trains will drop you at Pacific and you will have to walk to Atlantic and wait for the next leg (the reverse Manhattan-bound). Also between 12:30 a.m. to 5 a.m. through Thursday there are no No. 3 trains. No. 2 and 4 trains will provide alternate service, according to the MTA.
5. ... And if you have to move your car. You do. Alternate side won't be suspended again until Monday, Jan. 23 for the Asian Lunar New Year, according to the NYCDOT.
Note: These snow pictures from last year will continue until we actually get some!