Today's photo is from last year's Franklin Avenue Kids Day. This year organizers are through June 20.
1. You need to get dad a gift. Head to Launchpad for the . 721 Franklin Ave. bet Park and Sterling, noon to 6 p.m.
2. You need to celebrate the culture of the African Diaspora. Today is the kickoff of . Todays events include the Fort Greene Juneteenth Festival with dance and music (12pm to 6pm at Cuyler Gore Park at Fulton and Greene) and the Opening Reception of two art exhibitions at MoCADA, 80 Hanson Pl, from 4 to 7. See the full week's schedule . Free.
3. You need to get the kids out of the house. Head to Franklin Avenue for a reading by author Madafi Pierre, author of “LoCo’s Lullaby.” , 726 Franklin Ave. (between Sterling and Parkl), 9:30 a.m. and 10 a.m. Free. See our for more options.
4. You need to know if your train is running ... It is! There are no planned subway service changes affecting Prospect Heights all weekend, according to the MTA.
5. And if you have to move your car ... Not today of course, but grab a Tues/Fri spot if you can, because alternate side parking rules won't be suspended again be until Wednesday, July 4, according to the NYCDOT.