1. You need to see the Keith Haring show before it's gone. Sunday is the last day, so head to tonight. See full schedule of events at the link. 200 Eastern Parkway. Festivities start at 5 p.m. Free.
2. You need Celebrate Brooklyn! Tonight it's Prospect Park Bandshell (PPW at 9th Street), 7:30 p.m. Free.
3. You need to do your part. Head to the monthly where you can help pick up litter, pull weeds and other tasks to keep Grand Army Plaza looking nice. Yes, it's going to be hot today, but at 10 a.m. it's predicted to only hit the low 80s. Meet at Plaza St. East and Vanderbilt Avenue, 10 a.m. Free (obviously).
4. You need to get the kids out of the house. It's supposed to get up to 99 degrees today, so head to the air conditioned splendor of the Central Library for Story Play, where kids 0-5 hear stories and play with toys. Space is limited so pick-up a ticket at the children's reference desk before the event. 10 Grand Army Plaza, 10 a.m. Free.
5. You need to know if your train is running ... and if you have to move your car. There are no planned service changes affecting Prospect Heights stations today, according to the MTA. As for alternate side, parking rules won't be suspended again be until Wednesday, August 15 for Feast of the Assumption. (And since Wednesdays don't help Prospect Heighters, note that the next ASP suspension that actually helps us will be on Monday, August 20 for Idul-Fitr, according to the NYCDOT.